RFA release: April 18, 2018
Letter of Intent: 5 p.m. PST, May 18, 2018
Application due: 5 p.m. PST, July 16, 2018
Earliest start date: Oct 1, 2018
Additional Information: Successful applicant co-PIs must provide their field of specialization, and their IBC, IRB, and/or IACUC protocol numbers, if applicable, before funds are released. Recipients must credit the UC Multi-campus Research Program, MRP-17-454909, in publications that result from this funding. A progress report must be submitted 6 months after the grant ends.
|Criteria||Review Questions||Location Within the Proposal|
|Unmet Need||· Why is this a significant problem?
· What is the associated prevention, mortality or costs?
· Have the users of this technology been identified?
· Innovation and Impact
|Innovation and Impact||· Is the proposed solution linked to an unmet need?
· How is this proposed solution innovative?
· If successful, will the proposed solution be transformative?
|· Innovation and Impact
|Competition||· Are competitive technologies addressed?||· TPP|
|Work Plan and
|· Is the plan well described?
· Is the plan feasible and consistent with the budget?
· Does the proposal build on prior work or data?
· Will the work advance the technology to a significant value point (e.g., licensing, investment, target validation, prototype generation)?
|· Work Plan
· Potential Risks and Mitigations
|Investigators||· Do investigators have the necessary strengths and expertise to accomplish the work plan and aims?||· Biosketches
|Intellectual Property||· Has invention disclosure occurred?
· Has a patent application been filed?
· Has a patent been approved?
· Is there a previous licensing event and how does affect the IP strategy?
|· Commercial Assessment|
|PI Salary and Benefits||X|
|Post-doctoral Fellow Salary and Benefits||X|
|Research Staff Support (e.g., SRA, Laboratory Technician) Salary and Benefits||X|
|K Career Development Awardees Salary Support||X|
|Core Facility Costs, Consultants and Subcontracting||X|
|Tuition – limited to one term (quarter or semester)||X|
|Travel – restricted to local travel between sites and/or $500 toward the Annual UC DDC Symposium.||X|
*proposals requesting large salary support are discouraged and will be carefully reviewed