About UC DDC
The University of California Drug Discovery Consortium (UC DDC) is a Cross campus initiative created by the University of California Biomedical Research Acceleration, Integration & Development (UC BRAID) Drugs, Devices, Diagnostics Development (D4) group. The UC DDC aims to build a drug discovery community for the University of California.
- To support the development of therapeutics with mentoring & pilot funding
- To strengthen drug discovery education & training
- To expedite access to existing drug discovery related core facilities across the UC system
- To build partnerships with industry to increase support for projects and develop sustainability
- To provide seed funding that will enable faculty members with promising ideas to advance drug discovery or drug development projects
Initially, the UC DDC will involve representatives from UC San Francisco, UC Los Angeles, UC Irvine, UC Davis and UC San Diego. In the future, we hope to expand to include all UC Campuses.